Location:Yerevan, 1 Hyusisayin poghota, Yerevan, Armenia
Salary Range: SALARY IS NOT MENTIONED
Description:As a member of the Engineering management team at Workfront, you will be responsible for leading, mentoring and growing Software Engineers, Quality Engineers, and building a highly-effective Software Engineering team within an Agile environment. Your primary goal will be to drive your team to turn the concept into reality and ensure consistent delivery of high-quality, scalable, innovative software to Workfront’s Work Automation Cloud Platform.
As an Engineering Manager, you are a dynamic leader who drives an engineering team to new heights each and every day. You will work closely with Product Management and other technical leaders to stay ahead of the curve with our products and architecture. You will be responsible for Engineering craftsmanship and best practices on your team, drive improvements as-necessary and most importantly mentor engineers on your team to be just as awesome as you are.
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering (or equivalent) experience.
● 7+ years in software engineering with 2+ years of recent experience leading software engineering teams, preferably with knowledge of technologies/languages in the Workfront stack (Java, React, AWS, Docker, etc.).
● Demonstrate advanced knowledge of software engineering practices, craftsmanship, metrics, quality and testing procedures, process creation and enablement.
● Established track record of being the go-to person for your teams, spearheading or injecting yourself in necessary discussions to ensure you’re always in the loop and your teams always have what they need to be successful.
● Experience optimizing software processes to ensure your team is always running efficiently and constantly striving to improve.
● Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate details about the technical practices in software engineering in a way that makes sense and resonates with our customers and other departments in the business.
● Ability to adjust and adapt to changing situations in stride communicating effectively to achieve buy-in and minimizing the downstream effect on performance and morale.
● Show that you have the ability and desire to mentor others to improve their capabilities in all areas above.
● Manage an Agile process that consistently delivers a quality product to Workfront’s customers.
● Rally your team to make and keep commitments to customers, the business, and themselves.
● Team up with your Product Owner and UX Designer in planning and preparing your team’s backlog.
● Mentor, coach, and assist team members to be productive and efficient contributors to Workfront’s Work Automation Cloud Platform.
● Meet with your team to ensure their path for success is clear and we’re instilling and exhibiting the right behaviors to ensure consistent, high-quality delivery.
● Ensure the quality craftsmanship of your team’s software engineers is an ingrained behavior and that we’re always ensuring our code not only works as advertised, but it will continue to work when thousands upon thousands of people are utilizing it at the same time.
● Lead discussions with your team about what emerging tools, technologies and processes are coming that may impact how our organization grows and evolves. Create proposals for the creation and modification of our processes and technology roadmaps in your designated area.
● Participate in interviews to find the next great engineer or leader at Workfront, convincing them that Workfront has the best software jobs on the planet.
● Have an awesome lunch with your team because we’re nailing it.
● At the end of a release, as the rest of the company is validating that, in fact, you and your teams are nailing it, take some time to do some research, train in a new technology or even play a game – em, we mean participate in a team-building exercise – with your team.