Title:Software Engineer in Engineering Services team
Salary Range: SALARY IS NOT MENTIONED
Description:VMware Inc., a pioneer in virtualization software for Industry-standard computers, is seeking Engineer with distributed systems expertise for the VMware Cloud Management’s Engineering Services team.
The Cloud Management group charter is to create platform and products that deliver performance, availability and capacity management of VMware based environments. The Cloud Management platform is the underlying infrastructure that provides stats collection, event handling and health management of objects. The Cloud Management products rely on the Cloud Management platform (and the rest of the vSphere/vCenter infrastructure) to provide value to customers. A key value of these products is to allow a vSphere admin to run more servers by simplifying operations management (OpEx reduction).
This is an exciting area to work with multiple products in the pipeline in fast-paced work culture. Does working on cutting-edge products that solve large, real-world distributed systems problems and delivering them on a daring schedule motivate you? Then this job is for You!
As part of the VMware Cloud Management Engineering Services team, you will work on full-time basis with the team of Engineers, developing required tools for testing the platform and products, as well as on improvement of customized content for products based on the top critical use scenarios. As a member of our team you will work closely with engineers and PMs to deliver quality releases.
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
* VMware products installation and configuration experience is highly desirable
* Experience in Java, python or related programming languages is required
* Proficiency in one or more of the following skills: JUNIT, TestNG, Selenium
* Experience in developing test frameworks and tools is highly desirable
* Ability to meet the delivery dates and report accurate, complete status for accomplished work are required
* Ability to work independently on given assignment as well as ability to be a good team-player
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
* Experience working with offshore teams and with customer cases is a plus
* Passion to deliver a high-quality standards code
* Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme and additional long-term incentives.
* Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, opportunity to work with international teams of IT professionals.
* Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical insurance program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication.
* Work-life balance – 20 calendar days paid vacation, 5 days company paid sick leave, regular team buildings and celebrations.
* All VMware people and all applicants for employment will be treated fairly and given equal opportunity in all aspects of employment including compensation and benefits, irrespective of their race, colour,nationality, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability or ethnic origin.
* Installation and configuration of various products, systems, devices which will be used for Virtual Infrastructure, applications, devices or systems monitoring
* Constantly improve products custom content, analyze customers feedback, verify against possible regressions caused by products development and update accordingly
* Create and review test scripts, tools, test libraries and related required applications. As a passionate quality guard, your role will be to guarantee the positive outcome of automation via minimizing the risk of regressions
* Work closely with different VMware R&D and Engineering Services teams
* Take initiative to improve products, tools, and process, come up with solutions for products improvements towards global company goals
* Interact with offshore R&D sites