Title:Software Engineer in Engineering Services Team (Enterprise Readiness)
Salary Range: SALARY IS NOT MENTIONED
Description:VMware Inc., a pioneer in virtualization software, is seeking an Engineer with large scale distributed systems expertise for the VMware Cloud Management’s Engineering Services team.
The Cloud Management group charter is to create platform, products and cloud services that deliver availability, performance, capacity and cost management of hybrid environments running anything from traditional to cloud-native workloads. The Cloud Management platform is the underlying infrastructure that provides stats collection, event handling and health management of objects. The Cloud Management SaaS and on-prem solutions rely on the Cloud Management platform to allow customers to do intelligent operations management, increase velocity by optimizing applications, decrease downtime, and radically reduce time to resolve issues. They are rapidly redefining metrics monitoring for the next generation of hybrid architectures by using a massively scalable approach that provides real-time processing of high-frequency system measurements.
This is an exciting area to work with multiple products and services in the pipeline in fast-paced work culture. You will play a key role in building and operating the real-time data collection/processing and visualization system.
Does working on cutting-edge enterprise products and services that solve large, real-world distributed systems problems and delivering them on a daring schedule motivate you? Then this job is for You!
As part of the VMware Cloud Management Engineering Services team, you will work on full-time basis with the team of Engineers, developing required tools for validating products and services from end-to-end, scale/performance and enterprise readiness perspectives. The key delivery of your work will be to guarantee the reliability and resiliency of the developed products and services. As a member of our team you will work closely with developers and PMs to deliver quality releases.
* Degree in Computer Science or related subject
* Knowledge of cloud architecture security, scaling, reliability, resiliency and management principles and experience working with AWS, GCE or Azure cloud infrastructures
* Ability to analyze and optimize performance in large scale distributed systems and in high-traffic Internet applications
* Experience in Java and/or python programming languages (other programming languages are OK, but should be comfortable to switch to Java)
* Strong written and verbal communication skills in English are mandatory
* Automation: Develop and deploy software that will help to drive improvements towards the observability, reliability, scalability and resiliency of VMware products and cloud services.
* Advocate and implement reliable and resilient design patterns
* As a passionate quality guard, your role will be to guarantee the positive outcome of automation via minimizing the risk of regressions
* Work closely with developers to resolve issues and reproduce software defects against possible regressions caused by products development
* Define customer use-cases and validate the best user experience for them
* Design, build and maintain the continuous integration / continuous development infrastructure to deliver enterprise products and cloud services
* Work closely with different VMware R&D and Engineering Services teams including offshore ones
* Take initiative to improve products, services and processes, come up with solutions for improvements towards global company goals
* Operational experience with Git/P4, Jenkins, Ant/Maven and other industry standard tools/technologies used in software development is desirable
* Experience deploying and maintaining production services using container technology such as Docker and Kubernetes is desirable
* Experience with Java application servers and JVM configuration is beneficial
* Familiarity with logging and infrastructure/application monitoring technologies
* Hands-on experience in VMware products installation and configuration is beneficial
Our team looks for individuals who embody our values of humility, empathy, collaboration above isolationism, respectfulness, trustworthiness, and good-natured fun.
* Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme and additional long-term incentives.
* Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, opportunity to work with international teams of IT professionals.
* Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical insurance program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication.
* Work-life balance – 20 calendar days paid vacation, 5 days company paid sick leave, regular team buildings and celebrations.
* All VMware people and all applicants for employment will be treated fairly and given equal opportunity in all aspects of employment including compensation and benefits, irrespective of their race, color, nationality, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability or ethnic origin.