Duration:Long-term, with 3 months of probation period
Deadline: 20 Feb 2019
Salary Range: SALARY IS NOT MENTIONED
Description:FAST is looking for a highly qualified General Counsel to provide analysis and counsel on legal and policy issues, as well as anticipate and guard against legal risks facing the Foundation. Moreover, the candidate will develop and recommend organization policy and position on legal issues.
- Master's degree in Law;
- At least 5 years of experience in a law firm or as an in-house legal adviser, preferably in a managerial position;
- Experience in complex legal research and in providing competent legal advice to management personnel and board members;
- Admission to practice law in Armenia;
- Excellent command of Armenian civil law, with a focus on corporate law, contract law, real estate law, financial law and Intellectual Property, and relevant practice;
- Ability to identify significant legal exposures for the Foundation while maintaining a practical approach to protecting against them;
- Experience in working with startups and understanding of issues pertaining to venture capital is a strong advantage;
- Experience in dealing with Public-Private Partnerships is preferred;
- Excellent command of English, Armenian and Russian languages, as well as written and verbal communication skills;
- Good team player and high degree of professional ethics.
- Develop and lead corporate legal strategy to promote and protect the Foundation's matters;
- Maintain proper corporate interactions with the relevant local and state governmental bodies (including close interactions with the Commission on Coordination of Charitable Programs of Republic of Armenia), legislatures and the community at large;
- Draft and review contracts, corporate resolutions, legal opinions, and other legal documents;
- Advise the Board of Trustees, the CEO and other senior officers on a variety of issues;
- Participate in the formulation of general management policy;
- Manage a team of Legal Counsel and other members of the Legal Department;
- Provide advice on different projects implemented by the Foundation;
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and organization policies;
- Work with the Public Policy team on legal issues related to the Government's reforms in the area of Foundation's activities, drafting policies and regulations.